Past Events > 2011 > OverviewThe 13th Annual Global PE Conference drew over 750 attendees from more than 58 countries, and, for the first time in its history, offered three days of programming, thus firmly establishing the event as the industry’s largest and most comprehensive conference on emerging markets private equity.
Topics covered at the Global Private Equity Conference included:
- Regulation updates and trends
- Perspectives of leading LPs
- Exits showcase in emerging markets
- Innovations in alternative financial models
- Contextualizing performance and risk-adjusted returns
- Maximizing value and portfolio company case studies
- Strategies for risk management
- Regional roundtables
- PE workshops
- And much more!
- LPs, including international finance institutions, public and pension funds, private investors, endowments and family offices
- Senior investment professionals, chief investment officers, and directors from leading fund managers around the world
- Private equity attorneys, accountants, advisors, and consultants
- Public officials, regulators and representatives from government agencies
Frontier Markets Half-Day Seminar
EM PE's leading fund managers, institutional investors and practitioners investigated private equity's Frontier Markets in 2011's Half-Day Seminar. This intensive special seminar featured several plenary sessions focused on these new markets of growth.
At this Seminar, participants addressed the changes sweeping global markets, including recent developments in the Middle East and North Africa, and their impact on investment.
Institutional Investors-Only Working Session – New for 2011!
The day preceding the conference was devoted to the inaugural Institutional Investors-Only Working Session. The Session specifically targeted institutional investors' EM PE informational needs and provided a forum in which they could discuss their questions and concerns with one another. IFC and EMPEA convened an Institutional Investors-Only Advisory Committee of key executives from top institutional investor organizations, including Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions and Benefits Fund, CalPERS, Korea Investment Corporation and MLC Private Equity, to lead content development for this day, as well as contribute thought leadership for the 2-Day Conference program.
The Working Session featured comprehensive data-driven presentations led by:
- Eric Johnson, Managing Director, Cambridge Associates
- Hugh MacArthur, Director, Head of Global Private Equity Practice, Bain & Company
- Suvir Varma, Partner, Head of Asia Pacific Private Equity and Sovereign Wealth Fund Practice, Bain & Company
- David Wilton, Chief Investment Officer and Manager, Global Private Equity, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Sarah Alexander, President and CEO, Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA)
Participation in the Session was by invitation-only and strictly limited to institutional investors, including pension funds, foundations, endowments, and family offices. Investors who attended the Session were given complimentary access to attend the two-day conference. To be considered for an invitation to next year's Working Session and Conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.