Past Events > 2012 > OverviewThe 14th Annual Global PE Conference drew over 850 attendees from nearly 60 countries for four days of emerging markets private equity-focused programming, including the 2nd Annual Institutional Investors-Only Summit and the inaugural EM PE Fundraising Masterclass.
Topics covered at the Global Private Equity Conference included:
- Regulation updates and trends
- Perspectives of leading LPs
- Exits showcase in emerging markets
- Innovations in alternative financial models
- Contextualizing performance and risk-adjusted returns
- Maximizing value and portfolio company case studies
- Strategies for risk management
- Regional roundtables
- PE workshops
- And much more!
- LPs, including international finance institutions, public and pension funds, private investors, endowments and family offices
- Senior investment professionals, chief investment officers, and directors from leading fund managers around the world
- Private equity attorneys, accountants, advisors, and consultants
- Public officials, regulators and representatives from government agencies
Emerging Europe and Turkey Regional Seminar (Half-Day)EM PE's leading fund managers, institutional investors and practitioners investigated private equity's Emerging Europe and Turkey Regional Seminar. This intensive seminar featured several plenary sessions focused on investment within the region, with special attention paid to the financial outlook amid and fallout from the Eurozone crisis.
2nd Annual Institutional Investors-Only SummitThe day preceding the conference was devoted to the 2nd Annual Institutional Investors-Only Summit. Industry experts shared data-driven presentations which combined with dynamic panel discussion and intimate networking, giving institutional investors an increased understanding of the asset class and information to make better informed portfolio allocation decisions. A select group of 120 delegates from foundations, endowments, family offices, and public and private pension funds attended this year's event.
The II-Only Summit featured comprehensive data-driven presentations led by:
- Eric Johnson, Managing Director, Cambridge Associates
- Gabriel Petre, Senior Investment Strategist/Asset Allocation, World Bank Pension
- Mauricio da Rocha Wanderley, Chief Investment Officer, Fundação Vale do Rio Doce de Seguridade Social (VALIA)
- David Wilton, Chief Investment Officer and Manager, Global Private Equity, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Participation in the Session was by invitation-only and strictly limited to institutional investors from foundations, endowments and public and private pension funds. Investors who attended the Summit were given complimentary access to attend the two-day main conference forum. To be considered for an invitation to next year's II-Only Summit and Global PE Conference, please email email@example.com.